August 16, 2009

Kameido Gyoza - 亀戸餃子

One of the best Gyoza house in Japan. For those who does not know what Gyoza is, let me explain it simple and short.
Gyoza is known as a fried dumpling in china but Japan has made it in their own way. The basic fillings are made of minced pork, cabbage, ginger, garlic, chives and wrapped in floor based wrapper. Gyaza can normally be seen in Japanese Ramen (Noodle) House.

But in this particular shop, ONLY Gyoza is served. Rice is not even served but the restaurant was filled with people as soon as the restaurant opens at 11am. Once you get into your chair, two plates of Gyoza is served to you. One plate consists of 5 delicious Gyozas. Then once you finished your Gyoza, another plate will be served until you give the STOP signal. This unique style of serving was quite interesting and i found out I had five plates already.

お墓参りの後に亀戸餃子に久しぶりに行きました。
やっぱりうまい!いくら食べても飽きないないしかなりさっぱりした餃子っす!
しかも一皿250円という安さ!ひたすら餃子を食べるでーーー!





Combined plates
ごちそうさまー!

4 comments:

  1. nice information share
    great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I want some of that! I love Gyoza and I'm startin to want to read more of your blog hahah. I've always been in love with anything Japanese be it anime, video games, or even the way of life. I guess its cuz i've never lived there so there's that japanese side of me that wants to relate. The honeymoon in Tokyo was amazing though, i loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nobu : thanks! Your Japanese Blood must be calling you!

    ReplyDelete