April 20, 2009

Chicken Byriani - チキンベリアニー

Ever since I had my frist curry when I was a child, I was inlove with curry. And believe if or not but most of Japanese people eats curry probably more than once a month. It is every ones food and from a child to a grown up just loves the taste of it. I probably can say that curry is one for food that have conqure the world. Well that is really based on my knowledge but I'm pretty much sure that mojority in the world will like the taste of curry. I can probably take curry evry single day if my tummy was not going any bigger. Generally I am fond of food and I like to taste or try every thing as much as possible.

So, since I am currently working in an evvironment where 90% of my officemates are Indians, I took the opportunity to learn something from them. I asked one of my officemate to make me something that I've always wanted to know also how to prepare. The Biryani Rice.



Fortunately a friend of mine who is from Southern India and was willing to show me how to make one. Tamil style Biryani. According to him, Indian food really varies from its reagion. From the spices the use and the amount of chili they use. Surprisingly some region in India use less spices and less chili. Well from a non-Indian view, that is quite unusual because all I thought, Indian can not have their meal without any spices, but I guess not all of them.

After buying the ingridients from the market we started preparing for the.... BIRYANI


So here are the main ingredients.


- Tomato

- Onions

- Potato

- Apple

- Chicken

- Rasins

- Garlic

- Ginger

- Coriander

- Green Chili

- Black Pepper

-
Cloves

-
Cumin Seeds

- Funnel Seeds

- Mustard Seeds

- Biryani Mix

- Cinnamon Stick


-
Turmeric powder

- Chili Powder

- Coconut Powder

- Salt


- Water

- Oil

- Rice

This is how it looks after mixing.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Chopped onions and cucumber with Yogurt. It is something that comes with most Indian foods to nutralize the spice.

 

1 comment: