March 22, 2009

Baie du Cap べ・デュ・カップ

I went on a journey this Saturday to check out the beaches on the southern part of the island.  So my I started from Flic en Flac and took a bus going towards Tamarin. Excited about to see some public beaches like in Flic en Flac.

Running about 15 mins, I probably figured that I was in Tamarin already but there was no signs that represented that I was in Tamarin. So I continued with the bus ride until it's final destination. 



A nice beach I see!





And this is where I got my self. Baie du Cap.



There was piratically no one in the beach except for some fishers and boats. It seemed that I was the only non-local goofy guy taking pictures on the beach which I thought wouldn't be a good idea on staying any longer around. 

Before reaching here there was several beach resorts, golf courses and hotels which I expect to have a exceptionally beautiful view. But of course the price will also be gorgeous.



So I took the next bus which I didn't even know where it was heading. Well it was obviously going south and may be by chance I can find some nice public beach. As I checked my only Mauritius Map from a guide book I bought in Japan, there seem to be junction ahead which I thought there will be a nice view from the top. Since I didn't know how to pronounce "Riviere des Anguilles" I wrote it down on a piece of paper and told the bus conductor to stop me there.



So after riding for about an hour and a half with sugarcane views, I reached a small town where there was no beach that I can see... 

Then again I took the next bus and surprisingly it was going towards Curepipe! So I took the bus and instead of going back the road I came from.



So this is how the journey I had. Basically it was a long 6 hours bus trip I had. Which turned out to be quite fun because I get to know that there was almost nothing to do around the southern part and some quite time to think.

The Blue line is the route of the bus and it was almost 1/4 of the entire island in 6 hours of bus ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment