February 10, 2009

In the bus


In stead of staying at home and going to the super market to connect to the Internet I thought of riding the bus and try my luck to explore the island. Well my first goal was to challenge on going to the Capital, Port Louis. There were several bus stops around the place but whats funny is that the signs are so small the it can fit in to my nap sack

So to begin with my journy, I asked some of the locals near the bus stop and told me to ride the bus that says "Port Louis".... How easy is that? So I jumped in to the next bus that fortunately says to Port Louis. After several minutes, the conductor came up to me and was asking for my fee. He told me it was 26 Rupees and gave him a 50 Rupees. To my surprise the change came with a ticket that was electronically created where the bus #, company name, fee, and date was written. Whoa!! technology I smell! To those who know how the public buses in the Philippines are, I'm sure it is a surprise!

Anyway it is really a nice feeling riding the old type buses where you see a lot of the local faces. Some are happy, some are talking, laughing, staring the walls, sky, the person next to him. Human observation is always fun during bus ride for me. 

After an hour of ride....

I successfully manage to get my self to the Port Louis!!!

1 comment: